|an army of soldiers||an album of stamps||a flock of birds|
|a class of students||a heap of stones||a pack of hounds|
|a group of singers||a fleet of ships||a drove of cattle|
Collective nouns are always employed with singular verbs.
A team of oxen is running in the field.
A troop of leopards is attacking bears.
A group of singers is singing a song on the stage.
A flock of birds is flying in the air.
A crowd of people was gathering in playground.
Noah gave her mother a bunch of flowers on mother’s Day.
I bought a bunch of bananas from the bazar.
Study the following lists of collective nouns.
|a tuft of grass||a company of girl guides||a colony of bats|
|a bundle of sticks||a blast of hunters||a drove of pigs|
|a library of books||a blush of boys||a flight of swallows|
|a heap / pile of stones||a gang / den of thieves||a gaggle of geese|
|a dossier of documents||a flock of tourists||a tribe / troop of monkeys|
|a clutch of eggs||a coven of witches||a team / herd of oxen|
|a crate of fruit||a gaggle of women||a parliment of owls|
|a troop of mushrooms||a band of men||a fall of lambs|
|a fleet / fortilla of ships||a bench of magistrates||a herd of cattle|
|a group / archipelago of islands||a horde of savages||a nest / colony / an army of ants|
|a ring of keys||a party of politicians||a swarm / hive of bees|
|a string of pearls||a staff of teachers||a herd of antelopes|
|a set of china||a gang of workmen||a flock of birds|
|a bundle of rags||a company of actors||a herd of buffaloes|
|a wad of money||a troupe of dancers / performers||a culture of bacteria|
|a set / kit of tools||a cast / company of actors||a leap of leopards|
|a packet of cigarettes||a party of friends||a pride / troop of lions|
|a bundle of sticks||a crowd of people||a plague of locusts|
|a bunch of bananas||a crowd of onlookers / spectators||a school of whales / dolphins|
|a bunch of grapes||a band of robbers||a flock of sheep|
|a quiver of arrows||a bevy / galaxy of beauties||a stud of horses|
|a clump / thicket / grove of trees||a host of angels||a litter of puppies|
|a fleet of cars||a staff of servants||a nest of rabbits / mice|
|a batch of bread||a choir of singers||a flock of sheep / camels|
|a stack of hay||a board of directors||a farrow of piglets|
|a network of computers||a bevy of girls / ladies||a cloud of mosquitoes|
|a galaxy / constellation of stars||a gang of labourers||a quiver of cobras|
|a brace of pistols||a staff of employees||a pack of dogs / wolves|
|a flight of airplanes||a band / an orchestra of musicians||a drove of donkeys|
|a flight of steps||a panel of experts||a brood of chickens|
|a pack of cards||a tribe of natives||a shoal / school of fish|
|a collection of stamps||a troop of boy scouts||a cote of doves|
|a suit of clothes||a team of players||a swarm of insects|
|a sheaf of corn||a school of clerks||a litter of kittens|
|a cluster of diamonds||a crew of sailors||a herd of elephants|
|a bale of cotton||a posse of policemen / sheriffs||a troop / mop of kangaroos|
|a heap / pile of trash||a class of pupils||a pit / nest / slither of snakes|
|a collection of pictures||a congregation of worshipers||a swarm of insects|
|a suite of furniture||a squad / army / troop of soldiers||a hedge of bushes|
|a bouquet / bunch of flowers||an eloquence of lawyers||a range of mountains|
|a range of mountains||an audience of listeners||a suite of furniture|
|a chest of drawers||an illusion of magicians||a bouquet / bunch of flowers|
- Choose the right collective nouns to fill in the blanks.
galaxy, bevy, band, tribe, gaggle, staff, party, suit, wad, pack
- a ____________ of stars
- a ____________ of money
- ____________ of natives
- ____________ of friends
- the __________ of musicians
- a ____________ of wolves
- a ____________ of beauties
- The __________ of employees
- a ____________ of clothes
- the __________ of geese
- Choose the correct answers.
- (panel, board ) of directors
- (bale, set) of tools
- (troop, leap ) of lions
- (culture, brood ) of microbes
- (eloquence, company) of actress
- (flock, team) of sheep
- a (network, batch) of super computers
- a ( drove, troop ) of leopards
- ( board, panel ) of administrators
- a (library, pack) of books
- Fill in the blanks with the right collective nouns.
- A few students are feeding a ____________ of monkeys in the park.
- The hen-sparrow is sitting on a ____________ of eggs.
- A ____________ of politicians is having a meeting in the hall.
- A ____________ of dancers is dancing stylishly on the stage.
- My cat gave birth to a ____________ of kittens yesterday.
- Mr. Josef gave his wife a ____________ of pearls as a wedding present.
- The cashier passed a ____________ of coins to the client.
- Mrs. John found a ____________ of rats in her attic.
- The agrarians are saddened because a ____________ of locusts ruined their crops.
- My uncle ordered a new ____________ of furniture for our dining room last Sunday.
- Choose the correct answers.
- Mr. George handed a (wad, ring) of keys to his mother.
- A (team, congregation) of hockey players are warming up .
- In a story that Cendy read, a (host, board) of angels came to the save of the earthquake preys.
- The wealthy commander owns a (flight, fleet) of ships.
- A few men are clearing a (set, pile) of waste at the roadside.
- H saw a (gaggle, company) of colorful sparrows at the zoo last year.
- While escaping from the house owner, the thief slipped and fell down a (flight, stack) of steps.
- Mrs. Bing bought a (bunch, suit) of flowers from the market.
- There is a (group, range) of mountains a few miles away from the village.
- Afew whales are pursuing a (class, school) of fish under the sea.
1.ring 2.team 3.host 4.fleet 5.pile 6.company 7.flight 8.bunch 9.range 10.school