What is the best degree after 12th? is the common question among the generation of students studying in 12th standard. Every year the questions hit lakhs of students in Pakistan and abroad. Among them, there is confusion regarding career opportunities, employment opportunities, and yes, passion, preference. Counselors say that it is somewhat responsible for a lack of information about the courses, programs, and career opportunities available in Pakistan. There are options for science, trade, and arts where students can find an appropriate course after the 12th.
The choice of a course or program, rather than highly motivating choices for the student, should not be a convenient option. Choosing a course from the range of courses and programs available in Pakistan to study after 12th grads have main interests, motivations, and goals. They must consider the main factors. Students can choose a course from top domains including
- Computer studies
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Arts & Design
- Media Studies & others.
The following lists courses and programs, which can help students make an informed, great choice in line with their interests and career aspirations when they finish secondary school, in the three streams above.
BS Programs for Arts Students
Students who think they will have fewer career opportunities when choosing Arts Stream than science and business, but after finishing 12th there is a list of courses and programs which provide good careers.
- BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
- BMS- Bachelor of Management Science
- BFA- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Integrated Law Course- BA + LL.B
- BJMC- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- BFD- Bachelor of Fashion Designing
- BSW- Bachelor of Social Work
- BBS- Bachelor of Business Studies
- BTTM- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Aviation courses and programs
- BS- Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Bachelor of Design (B. Design)
- Bachelor of Performing Arts
BS Programs available after 12th Science:
After finishing 12th with science stream, a number of options for an undergraduate course are available. Students who are interested in technical learning can choose courses and programs of engineering, while the rest may select from the following courses and courses.
- BE/B.Tech- Bachelor of Technology
- B.Arch- Bachelor of Architecture
- BCA- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BSIT- Information Technology
- BSCS- Bachelor of Computer Science
- B.Sc- Nursing
- BPharma- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BDS- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BS – Nutrition & Dietetics
- BPT- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc- Applied Geology
- BA/BS Liberal Arts
- BS- Physics
- BS Chemistry
- BS Mathematics
Under B.Tech, you have an option of various courses and programs to do after 12th which include:
Science is one of the most popular streams of technology and programs. Here is a list of the courses and programs of engineering for students who completed their high school in science.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Automation and Robotics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Smart Manufacturing & Automation
* You can also check the List of B. tech. Lateral courses and programs for diploma holders.
Study Programs available after 12th Commerce:
Students interested in financial and management learning can choose to stream business after the 10th. Mathematics is an optional subject for business students, so students who have an interest in mathematics but do not want to go along with the science stream can trade-in maths.
- B.Com- Bachelor of Commerce
- BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.Com (Hons.)
- BA (Hons.) in Economics
- Integrated Law Program- B.Com LL.B.
- Integrated Law Program- BBA LL.B
Apart from courses and programs under Science, Commerce, and Arts, there is also a list of professional courses and programs to pursue after 12th:
- CA- Chartered Accountancy
- CS- Company Secretary
- Bachelor of Design in Accessory Design, Fashion Design, Ceramic Design, Leather Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Jewellery Design
- Bachelor in Foreign Language
- Diploma courses and programs
- Advanced Diploma courses and programs
- Certificate courses and programs
We hope the valuable information provided above will help students with a list of courses and programs available in Pakistan they can choose from.